- The Adoption Assistance Program pays, upon placement in the home, up to $5,000 per eligible team member for adoption-related expenses. The program will pay $2,500 per child, with a maximum of two children.
- Any full-time or part-time (working at least 20 hours per pay period) benefits-eligible team member qualifies for adoption assistance once during the lifetime of his/her employment with Palmetto Health. If both you and your spouse/partner are Palmetto Health team members, the benefit maximum may not exceed $2,500 per child, and $5,000 for the lifetime of the team member.
- Eligible team members will receive one (1) week of paid leave, as well as six (6) weeks of unpaid leave.
- Adopted children must be under age 18. They may be biologically related to either parent.
- Adoptions made through public, private, domestic, international and independent means are eligible.
- Upon placement in the home, eligible adoption-related expenses will be reimbursed to a maximum of $2,500 per child. Reasonable and necessary expenses directly related to the adoption are reimbursable, including:
- Agency and placement fees
- Attorney fees, other legal fees and court costs
- Medical expenses related to the child’s birth
- Medical maternity expenses for biological mother not covered by insurance
- Required medical expenses for child prior to adoption
- Temporary foster care expenses incurred prior to placement
- Immigration fees
- Immunization costs
- Translation services
- Transportation and lodging expenses