Congratulations on your big day from all of us at Palmetto Health. We know you have a lot on your “to-do” list both before and after you get married, but here are a few things to keep in mind related to your benefits.
- When you get married or remarried, it is considered a qualified life change event, which means you can make changes to your benefits outside of the annual Open Enrollment period.
- You may add your new eligible dependents to your Palmetto Health medical, dental and vision plans.
Within 30 Days of the Event
- Enroll or change your enrollment by clicking here. Click on Life Event in the middle of the Welcome page and follow the directions. You can also update your beneficiaries for Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance. NOTE: Sorry, you can’t make changes before the event takes place.
- Fax your required paperwork to Trion, Palmetto Health’s benefits administrator, at 800-220-3406.
Regarding the document(s) you will need: Look under the third tab, “Pending Documentation,” for the types of document(s) required. Again, Trion’s fax number is 800-220-3406. If you have any questions regarding the fax or the benefit change, contact Trion at 800-963-3456 or 803-296-8893.
Other Changes to Consider
- Update your marital status. Change your marital status and update your emergency contact by contacting your manager.
- Change your name. Update your name by completing a change of name form.
- Increase your tax withholding. If you would like to increase the number of allowances you take on your W-2, please complete a new W-4 form.
- Add supplemental dependent life coverage. You can purchase additional depedent life coverage as you select your new benefits through EnrollOnline.com/PalmettoHealth.
- Change your retirement savings beneficiaries. To make changes, contact Fidelity Investments at 800-343-0860 or visiting www.Fidelity.com/atwork.