total rewards 01c

total rewards 02b

resources banner

When you get separated or divorced, it is considered a qualified life change event, which means you can make changes to your benefits outside of the annual Open Enrollment period. You may enroll in or change your new eligible dependents to your Palmetto Health medical, dental and vision plans.

Within 30 Days of the Event

  • Notify the Total Rewards Benefits Service Center at 803-296-8893 or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Enroll or change your enrollment by clicking here. Click on Life Event in the middle of the Welcome page and follow the directions. You can also update your beneficiaries for Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance. NOTE: Sorry, you can’t make changes before the event takes place.
  • Fax your required paperwork to Trion, Palmetto Health’s benefits administrator, at 800-220-3406.

Regarding the document(s) you will need: Look under the third tab, “Pending Documentation,” for the types of document(s) required. Again, Trion’s fax number is 800-220-3406. If you have any questions regarding the fax or the benefit change, contact Trion at 803-296-8893.

Other Things to Consider

Palmetto Health’s E-CARE program provides counseling services for team members. Call 803-296-5879 (Baptist), 803-296-5879 (Baptist Parkridge), 803-434-2767 (Richland) or 803-774-8759 (Tuomey) to obtain more information.

Related Links

Enrollment Information

New Benefits for 2018

Have a Question?
Contact the Total Rewards Benefits Center at 803-296-8893, or email TotalRewards