Have you ever thought about what you would do if you were faced with a situation that required an attorney’s services? Given that the average hourly rate for an attorney is $3471, budgeting for such a legal expense can be next to impossible. This year, Palmetto Health is pleased to offer our team members a legal plan through ARAG®.
When enrolling in one of ARAG’s legal plans, you will receive access to more than 9,300 experienced and credentialed attorneys in the ARAG network, easy-to-use online tools and trusted resources – with full-time legal protection that offers 100 percent coverage for most legal matters. It is designed to help you plan for, prevent and resolve a wide range of legal issues, and save you valuable time – and potentially thousands of dollars in legal fees.
You never know when legal issues can create serious problems in your life; or even threaten everything you’ve worked so hard for…your home, your income, your assets and more. As a legal plan member, you have the professional legal help you need to protect yourself and your loved ones from legal difficulties.
Here are the kinds of situations where you could use the help of an attorney:
- You need to create or update a will
- There’s a charge that’s not yours on your credit card bill
- You’re thinking of adopting a child
- You want to sell your house and build or buy another one
- You have a legal dispute with a neighbor
- Your child is in trouble with the law
These situations happen every day…to people just like you. But now, with a legal plan, you can protect yourself when faced with legal issues.
For Additional Information
- Find out what your level of legal and financial risk is by completing ARAG’s Legal Risk Assessment.
- See the Group Legal Program and Enrollment Flyer for more information about the new legal offering.
- Visit the ARAG Legal Center at ARAGLegalCenter.com and type in Access Code 18029ph
- Call the ARAG Customer Care Center toll-free from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (CST), Monday-Friday at 800-247-4184.
¹Average attorney rates in the United States of $347 per hour for attorneys with 11 to 15 years of experience, Survey of Law Firm Economics, The National Law Journal and ALM Legal Intelligence, September 2015