To help you prepare for your benefits enrollment, follow the steps below during the enrollment period.
1. Get Prepared
- Review the 2018 Open Enrollment presentation.
- Watch a short video about your medical plan choices
- Use the Decision Mate tool to assist you in your choices
- Review the Summary Benefit Coverage Documents
2. Choose your Medical Plan
Choose a medical plan for you and your family or decline coverage. Pharmacy benefits are included in each medical plan.
Which medical plan is right for you?
How are the plans similar?
- Both plans use the same great network of experienced providers.
- Both plans provide 100% coverage for preventive services.
- Both plans provide the same prescription drug plan.
- Both encourage you to be smart health care consumers and seek out the best care at the best price.
- Both maximize your benefits when you use Palmetto Health facilities and Palmetto Health Quality Collaborative physicians.
How are they different?
- HRA Plan: Higher premium but lower deductible than HSA plan. No-cost Tier 1 primary care physician and specialist office visits. Palmetto Health contributes into a Health Reimbursement Account, provided all myHealth Rewards Program requirements have been met. You may use your HRA for eligible health care expenses. HRA funding is use it or lose it.
- HSA Plan: Lower premium but higher deductible and higher out-of-pocket maximum than HRA plan. Pay a deductible for primary care physician and specialist office visits. Palmetto Health contributes into a Health Savings Account, provided all myHealth Rewards Program requirements were met. You may use your HSA for eligible health care expenses. You also can make pre-tax payroll contributions into the account. You own your HSA account funds.
3. Additional Benefits Decisions
Do you want to enroll in the High or Low Dental Plan? +
Choose either the High or Low dental plan or decline coverage. Learn more.
Do you want to enroll in the Vision Plan? +
You can elect to participate in the vision plan or decline coverage. Learn more.
Do you want a Flexible Spending Account? +
Do you want a Health Savings Account? +
If you elect the Palmetto Health Health Savings Account (HSA) medical plan, you will automatically be enrolled in an HSA account. Learn more about the advantages of an HSA account.
Do you want Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage? +
You have options available for both voluntary life and dependent life insurance. To increase your coverage, Evidence of Insurability is required. Now is a good time to review your beneficiaries and make necessary changes.
Do you want to enroll in our Retirement Savings Program? +
Have you enrolled in the Palmetto Health Retirement Savings plan? If not, now is a good time to start saving for your future.
Do you want to enroll in Supplemental Benefits? +
Be sure to check out all medical and non-medical supplemental benefits.
Want more help? Try DecisionMate