To help you prepare for your benefits enrollment, follow the steps below during the enrollment period.
1. Get Prepared
.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> short video about your medical plan choices.
Use the Decision Mate tool to assist you in your choices
Review the Summary Benefit Coverage Documents
2. Choose your Medical Plan
Choose a medical plan for you and your family or decline coverage. Pharmacy benefits are included in each medical plan.
Which medical plan is right for you?
How are the plans similar?
- Both plans use the same great network of experienced providers.
- Both plans provide 100% coverage for preventive services.
- Both plans provide the same prescription drug plan.
- Both encourage you to be smart health care consumers and seek out the best care at the best price.
- Both maximize your benefits when you use Palmetto Health facilities and Palmetto Health Quality Collaborative physicians.
How are they different?
- HRA Plan: Higher premium but lower deductible than HSA plan. No-cost Tier 1 primary care physician and specialist office visits. Palmetto Health contributes into a Health Reimbursement Account, provided all myHealth Rewards Program requirements have been met. You may use your HRA for eligible health care expenses. HRA funding is use it or lose it.
- HSA Plan: Lower premium but higher deductible and higher out-of-pocket maximum than HRA plan. Pay a deductible for primary care physician and specialist office visits. Palmetto Health contributes into a Health Savings Account, provided all myHealth Rewards Program requirements were met. You may use your HSA for eligible health care expenses. You also can make pre-tax payroll contributions into the account. You own your HSA account funds.
3. Additional Benefits Decisions
Do you want to enroll in the High or Low Dental Plan? +
Choose either the High or Low dental plan or decline coverage. Learn more.
Do you want to enroll in the Vision Plan? +
You can elect to participate in the vision plan or decline coverage. Learn more.
Do you want a Flexible Spending Account? +
If you need a flexible spending account (FSA) for health care or dependent care expenses, determine how much you need annually and elect this amount during your enrollment period.
Do you want a Health Savings Account? +
Do you want Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage? +
You have options available for both voluntary life and dependent life insurance. To increase your coverage, Evidence of Insurability is required. Now is a good time to review your beneficiaries and make necessary changes.
Do you want to enroll in our Retirement Savings Program? +
Have you enrolled in the Palmetto Health Retirement Savings plan? If not, now is a good time to start saving for your future.
Do you want to enroll in Supplemental Benefits? +
Be sure to check out all medical and non-medical supplemental benefits.